Things to make sure you have access to when moving to a new place :
- A decent coffee shop which does a proper flat white and offers a variety of milk (yes I am a spoiled middle class Londoner)
- Some good cosy pubs with big chairs and tasty pub grub
- Some good spots for sitting and reading in the park
- A shop where you can get all your nerd requirements – dice, board games and other accessories
- A theatre which puts on a variety of great shows throughout the year.
I have lived in Sevenoaks for the last 3 months and have managed to find the first four but now, I am excited to say, I get the opportunity to take the theatre for a test run too when I go to see the Sevenoaks Players putting on Jesus Christ Superstar
The Sevenoaks Players are an amateur dramatics society local to Sevenoaks and have been performing in the area since 1922. In their time, they have performed a huge array of musicals, plays and variety shows and perform up to 4 shows a year!
Their most recent productions have been, Pygmalion, The Graduate, Whistle Down the Wind, The Railway Children and Hairspray. But next week sees the opening of their next production – ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’! The cast consists of members of all ages, ranging from six to 70 years old and this is no small event. With a cast of 50+ and a live 11 piece orchestra experience an exciting and contemporary production. This show promises to a huge spectacle with light displays, pyrotechnics and of course, amazing performances!
I for one cannot wait to go to review and get to see what my local theatre can offer
For tickets go to the Stag Sevenoaks website or call 01732450175